Last updated: August 16, 2021
IamExpat Media B.V. (hereinafter “IamExpat”), is an English-language online media platform, providing up-to-date information, news, job listings, housing services and lifestyle tips for internationals in the Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland through the operation of the IamExpat.nl, IamExpat.de, IamExpat.ch and IamExpat.com websites (“hereinafter “IamExpat Website(s)”). IamExpat also organises the annual IamExpat Fair in Amsterdam and The Hague, an event designed to connect and support the expat community in the Netherlands.
If you continue to browse and use this and / or any other IamExpat Website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which may be changed by IamExpat Media. The term "IamExpat Media" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of this website, whose registered office is Haparandaweg 67, 1013 BD Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Registering an account (Sign up)
When you create an account (Sign up), your IamExpat account is valid in all IamExpat Websites. The Sign up process takes place via www.iamexpat.com. When your account is created, you can access features such as to “Apply for a job”, “Create an email alert”, “Comment on an article” etc. in all IamExpat Websites, such as www.iamexpat.nl, www.iamexpat.de and www.iamexpat.ch. Therefore, you do not need to create multiple accounts per website, one account is enough. You may cancel your IamExpat account at any time.
- The information contained in our websites is for general information purposes only.
- The information is provided by IamExpat Media and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the websites or the information, products, or services contained on the websites for any purpose.
- Our websites include links to other websites which are not under the control of IamExpat Media nor governed by these terms and conditions. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- IamExpat Media may make available certain job listings and other job-related contents, including links to third-party websites through IamExpat Jobs. Job listings are created and provided by third parties over whom IamExpat Media exercises no control. You acknowledge and understand that we have no control over job listings. IamExpat Media does not have any obligation to screen any job listing, or to include any job listing in its search results or other listings, and may exclude or remove any job listing from the website for any or no reason. We cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any job listing or other information submitted by any employer or other user, including the identity of such employer or other user. IamExpat Media assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability, for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any job listing.
- IamExpat Media may make available certain property listings and other property-related contents, including links to third-party websites through IamExpat Housing. Property listings are created and provided by third parties over whom IamExpat Media exercises no control. You acknowledge and understand that we have no control over property listings. IamExpat Media does not have any obligation to screen any property listing, or to include any property listing in its search results or other listings, and may exclude or remove any property listing from the website for any or no reason. We cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness of any property listing or other information submitted by any agent or other user, including the identity of such agent or other user. IamExpat Media assumes no responsibility, and disclaims all liability, for the content, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any property listing.
- IamExpat Media shall not be liable for any contents provided by or made available by any user, including the user’s contents. In particular, IamExpat Media does not guarantee that any such contents are true or accurate.
Commercial use of materials
- Information (written and audio / visual material) in this website is protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary laws, including but not limited to intellectual property laws. Using, reproducing, copying or redistributing such material without the written permission of IamExpat Media is strictly prohibited.
- The logo, name, and all graphics on this website and its (online and offline) applications are trademarks of IamExpat Media and may not be used, reproduced, copied or redistributed without the written permission of IamExpat Media.
- You shall not transmit to IamExpat Media or upload to its websites any harmful code or use or misappropriate the data on its websites for your own commercial gain. "Harmful Code" shall mean any software (sometimes referred to as "viruses," "worms," "trojan horses," "time bombs," "time locks," "drop dead devices," "traps," "access codes," "cancelbots" or "trap door devices") that: (a) is intentionally designed to damage, disrupt, disable, harm, impair, interfere with, intercept, expropriate or otherwise impede in any manner, any data, storage media, program, system, equipment or communication, based on any event, including for example but not limited to (i) exceeding a number of copies, (ii) exceeding a number of users, (iii) passage of a period of time, (iv) advancement to a particular date or other numeral, or (v) use of a certain feature; or (b) would enable an unauthorized person to cause such result; or (c) would enable an unauthorized person to access another person’s information without such other person’s knowledge and permission.
- You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the websites (or the servers and networks which are connected to the websites).
- The user is forbidden to approach other users for commercial purpose of any kind.
- IamExpat Media does not conduct a background check of its users and does not verify any statement from its users. Therefore, IamExpat Media shall not be liable for any user’s behaviour.
Comments - just like articles, reviews, photos, captions, videos etc. - containing or linking to:
- offensive / abusive / hateful / threatening language
- sexual violence
- discriminatory treatment
- commercial advertising / spam
- racism and / or homophobia
- personal information of others
- political interests
- more than four links
will be immediately edited or deleted.
- All comments are the responsibility of the commenter.
- Repetitive posts and / or extensive distribution including but not limited to commercials, emails, chain letters, messages in users' inbox of the same content is strictly prohibited.
- IamExpat Media, administrators and / or the editor reserve the right to edit, delete, move, or mark as spam any and all comments. They also have the right to block access to any one or group from commenting or from the entire website.
- Violation of this Comments Policy may result in blocking from future access and / or commenting on this website.
- If comments do not appear in a reasonable time period and these comment policies have not been violated, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IamExpat Media seeks to use reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the Personal Information under IamExpat Media’s control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In addition, please note that emails, messages sent via your web browser, and other similar means of communication with other users, are not encrypted. We strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential or sensitive information through these means. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
Use of RSS Feeds
- RSS is a free service offered by IamExpat Media for non-commercial use. Any other uses, including without limitation the incorporation of advertising into or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted towards the RSS Content, are strictly prohibited. You must use the RSS feeds as provided by IamExpat Media, and you may not edit or modify the text, content or links supplied by IamExpat Media.
- The RSS service may be used only with those platforms from which a functional link is made available that, when accessed, takes the viewer directly to the display of the full article on the IamExpat websites.
- IamExpat Media retains all ownership and other rights in the RSS Content, and any and all IamExpat.de logos and trademarks used in connection with the RSS Service. You must provide attribution to the appropriate IamExpat Website in connection with your use of the RSS feeds. If you provide this attribution using a graphic, you must use the appropriate IamExpat logo.
- Submission of material implies that it is not being considered for publication or soon to be submitted elsewhere. This excludes writers' personal blogs and / or websites.
- Copyrighted content should not be posted without express (written) permission. Quoting material must at least be accompanied with an attribution.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to publish any material under copyright.
- IamExpat Media reserves the right to edit - heavily if necessary - submitted material. If substantial editing is required, edited material is returned back for review.
- IamExpat Media retains the right to notify the proper authorities when the law has been broken.
- IamExpat Media has the option, but not the obligation, to publish any submitted material. IamExpat Media reserves the right to decide what material is or is not to be published on the IamExpat Websites and its social media network.
- Every effort is made to keep the websites up and running smoothly. However, IamExpat Media takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the websites being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.